- Gained professional, pragmatic and rational problem-solving skills from working in the high tech and engineering industry for 30 years.
- Worked as a consultant that implemented Engineering Data Systems at sites such as NBC Studios in New York City and at U.S. Air Force bases. As well as petroleum companies in Saudi Arabia and Dubai and a forestry company in New Zealand, and on infrastructure projects in Europe and Asia.
- Helped to create and manage our national aviation navigation engineering data system at Nav Canada (currently working on contract).
- Owned a computer-aided design systems integration company that employed 7 people, at age 28
- My production company in Maple Ridge was nominated twice for business excellence, in 2008 and 2009.
- Ridge Meadows Chamber of Commerce member since 2001.
(from leadership to boots-on-the-ground)
- President of the Haney Rotary Club, an international organization that puts millions of dollars back into this community supporting the lunch bag program, youth services, sports groups and social service organizations.
- Member of Innovation Forum Committee
- Ministry Community Council Board
- Silver Valley Neighbourhood Group promoting neighbourhood engagement with block parties, house concerts and drum circles.
- Member and volunteer for the 31st BP Guild servicing Scouts in the Three Rivers Area
- Member of Open Door Church worship team
- Salvation Army
- Volunteer Actor for Emerald Pig Theatrical society
Fundraised for Salvation Army Kettle Drive
- Area Commissioner for Scouts Canada
(provides unique learning opportunities for over a thousand youths)
- Director on the Maple Ridge Pitt Meadows Arts Council
(promotes arts and culture in our city)
- Created Silver Valley Spring Festivals for the Silver Valley Neighbourhood
- Created Job Fair to promote local jobs
- Director of North Fraser Bluegrass Festival
- Director of the Christmas Festival and Christmas Parade
- Director of the Spiritwood Festival
- RCMP Auxiliary Constable
- Judge for the JUNO awards
- Volunteer for Watershed Watch clean up
- Volunteer for Christmas Haven
- Volunteer for Hospital Foundation and Community Foundation.
- 2011 Council candidate
- 2015 Federal MP candidate
- 2017 Provincial MLA candidate
Married for 30 years, 2 boys age 22 and 26, one daughter 19, 1 daughter-in-law and a grandson. Moved to Maple Ridge in 2000 from Oakville, Ontario
Arts and Culture
- Play the piano as a professional musician
- Written award-winning children’s music
- Founder and member of a 7-piece Elton John tribute band
- Play classical music as a member of a piano-cello duet.
- Sing with the SD42 adult choir.
- Directed and produced a ballet with Arts Umbrella and with choreographers from BC ballet
- Performed on many shows with the local theatre groups, including Shakespeare at Bard on the Bandstand